View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 01:46 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
As a reader/bookbuyer: 100% agree. Design is a skilled profession that should be treated with respect. Lots of people think they can do it just because they've slapped up a Powerpoint or two. They can't. It shows. And it raises the question "did they bother hiring an editor for the inside of the book, or was that aspect of book production treated with the same level of care as the cover?"

I just end up never buying any books with obvious DIY covers, unless they've been very very strongly recommended by readers I trust. I don't think I'm alone.
You are not alone. I feel the same way.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote