View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #85
Astrakan
Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
There are still dedicated "phone only" cell phones in use and being manufactured, but they are in small quantities as a niche market.
They can't even send text messages? I checked a couple of providers around here, and the most simplistic phones I could find (like this one) can do texting, while the original brick-sized phones could not.

Again, I acknowledge that this is a stretch. At which point does a new function cause the device to evolve from its original form?

Quote:
Last I checked, you can still buy AM/FM car radios. Not everyone wants to go to satellite. (Or is that not what you meant.)
I meant car radios only, with no CD or tape player. But as with the cellphone, the question about new functionality and the evolution of a device comes into play.
Astrakan is offline   Reply With Quote