View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Auto sorting of book lists? Can I turn it off?

I'm new to calibre, and I am finding it quite useful.

I'm wondering, though, if it's possible to turn off the auto-sorting of the book lists.

Right now when you edit an item on the book list (in the direct edit mode), it quite often resorts automatically and I then have to seek out the book again. I realize that this is because I've had it in "Author Sort" mode while changing the author name etc.

So far, the best solution I've found is to leave it sorted in "date" mode, though if you do any bulk edits, I find those edits at the bottom most part of the current date, and not in the order I imported them.

Ideally, I'm hoping there is a nice button that says, "Don't re-sort until I'm told to resort". That would let me leave things in Author order or Series order (the two main ways I've been working); I could then completely fix a book or group of books, THEN resort. That way I could finish editing a book's metadata, and that of related books imported at the same time without having to use my brain.

I'm guessing such a button doesn't exist...but I wanted to check in case there's a setting somewhere I've just not found yet...

Thanks!
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote