Thread: PRS-500 lbhook.sh support patch
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 10:55 AM   #8
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by gseryakov
So Reader lets you read the flash partitions by addresses and write by names? Is there any way to read them by names?
Download /proc/mtd to see mapping between device numbers and partitions. Then you can use "ebook.py pinfo" command to get the partition info (there ain't much). You can also execute "/usr/local/sony/bin/nblsdm list" with redirection via the script hook.
Quote:
What is the difference between cramfs from Reader and Librie? I mean - after mounting the cramfs-es.
You can always extract both and compare From what I've seen, they're almost the same - Reader has an extra SD driver but that's about it. The main difference is the reading application.
Quote:
I wonder if it's possible to create softlinks for directories under /opt tree to updatable filesystem like /Data? It will make updating fonts and graphics much easier.
Probably the same trick as with /etc would work, i.e. copy files to ramdisk and remount under a subdir. However, currently the hook script runs after tinyhttp so I'm not sure if the updated fonts will be loaded.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote