View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 07:00 AM   #8
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
I do agree with you in so far as me not buying books I consider are excessively priced. However, I do not agree publishers should be free to set their own prices in an agency pricing situation, where there seems to be a total lack of competition. Agency pricing operates practically to allow the publishers to artificially fix prices and exclude competition. Like far too many other industries, an oligopoly in this case, a duopoly in many others, operates to limit competition and keep prices high. Even agency pricing could work with the existence of real competition. Unfortunately there is none.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote