View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKPinner View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks for your posts. Does anyone have any first hand experience with Aura? I don't mind paying a bit extra if the Aura is that much better than the existing line up of readers.

Am i right in assuming the problems with uneven lighting and in the case of kobo , excessive lighting , have disappeared?

If that's the case , i guess Kindle is the best option as it allows webpages and documents emailed to the device itself.
Yes, the problems with the Paperwhite's uneven lighting hsve disappeared.

I would go with the Paperwhite, since I find Amazon customer support better than B&N, and because of the mailing personal docs (which are also saved in the cloud for you) and because there are 2 cool features in Kindle books: popular highlights, which underlines the passages in a book that are most commonly highlighted by Kindle owners, and x-ray, which "x-ray's" many books and gives an index of chaacters and where they appear in a book, with the wikipedia and shelfari descrotions of the characters.

If you borrow books from the library, Overdrive.com has much smoother integration with the Kindle than with the Nook or Kobo.

Last edited by eschwartz; 05-06-2013 at 01:56 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote