View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #19
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I didn't really enjoy Huckleberry Finn.

I'll third Steinbeck. I'll add Faulkner. I'll add Kafka's The Trial as a great read.

For more modern classics, read John Updike's Rabbit Run.

I did something from every decade this year and found that I got a much better appreciation for how much stuff is out there to read. I loved my selections from the 1960s: John Updike, Ray Bradbury, Kenzaburo Oe, Kurt Vonnegut, Philip K. Dick. There's so much goodness out there to read from those not quite old enough to be classic decades.
Thanks for the recommendations.

Just looking at your signature, I'm like you, I keep track of what I've read annually in a spreadsheet rated from 1-10, haha.
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote