View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 AM   #21412
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Unfortunately there's no guaranteed "intelligence" contained within all these "security" measures -- remember who is administering them!
As someone who flies often, while I like the 'idea' behind the increased security, I'm hear to tell you that there really ISN'T any increased security. Yes, they do stop a lot of little old ladies from carrying on their knitting needles, and prevent business men from bringing their nail clippers or cigarette lighters into the cabin, dozens of handguns are carried on board every month, usually by accident (the carrier forgets to pack it in their checked baggage.)

Some of the flights that I take use a heat-sealed plastic strapping tape after checking the contents of a suitcase. This requires either a very sharp knife or scissors to open when I get to my hotel. Of course, you are not allowed to carry a very sharp knife or scissors on board an aircraft... so I carry a piece of 'flint' in my pocket. Same stuff you use to make arrow heads, knives, etc., or use to start a fire. Sharp as a razor and never ONCE has it been even questioned by the security staff, and I can open my suitcase when I get to the hotel without having to call down to the desk for help! Security? Not that I've ever noticed.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote