View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousMe View Post
One message I donīt get is this: duplicate id: heading_id_15

In that file I have both a H3 and H4 with <heading_id_15>. I thought it was ok as long as it is different size headings...?
Nope. IDs must be unique across ALL elements in a single (x)html file. You could have the same class name for h3 and h4 elements and still style them differenly, but IDs must be absolutely unique.

Think of it this way... if I created a link and added your ID to the href as an url fragment:
Code:
<a href="../Text/chapter1.xhtml#heading_id_15">Link text.</a>
How would it know which element (h3 or h4) I was trying to link to?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote