View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorphos View Post
He's right though: Don't answer irc requests by starting a new thread here.
The K4NT serial port pin-out is not found elsewhere in the mobileread forums. There is misleading and incorrect information in the forums speculating that the serial port is located on the 4 pads near the CPU chip. My new thread was intended to provide correct information in a place that would not quickly get buried inside an existing thread, containing additional information not easily disseminated in a primitive IRC channel.

I previously documented the K4NT serial port location and pin-out (with answers to questions just asked, including the location of the serial post and its "P2" connector label), where it was apparently overlooked by those who needed this information now. This serial port pin-out is general information that could help others who do not monitor the IRC channel, and it needed to be in a prominent place like a new thread.

I try to help as many people as I can. I do not understand why anybody could have a problem with publishing the K4NT serial port pin-out in a new thread even though it was asked in the IRC channel.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-25-2012 at 11:48 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote