kado
Enthusiast
kado began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Edition
custom epub fonts on Nook Classic

Hi guys,

I have just found this wonderful thread for using custom fonts on epub files:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=36361&page=18

Particularly post #9, #18 for general implementation of the technique and post #256 for current issues with Nook Classic could be of interest to you all.

Even though this technique if for Sony readers, it is clear that that could be utilized for Nooks as well and I have seen proof on several blogs that has been done for Nook Color already.

However, I have a Nook Classic (or 1st Edition or Standard how you call it) and have some issues in succeeding the techncique presented.

My questions are:
1 -Can anyone tell me what is the absolute reference for Nook Classic to reach the "my fonts" folder? Is it /nook/my fonts/ or /system/my fonts/ or /my fonts/ simply?

2 -I also came across on the net that for Nook Color owners, it is now possible with the new firmware issued by B&N to see the sideloaded cover pages. Is there a way to do so on Nook Classic to see them at the bottom colorful screen as flying covers as it is avaible for ebooks purchased from B&N? I have the latest 1.7.0 firmware on my Nook Classic.

3- Even though my epub books support Turkish fonts inside, none of them support it within book names. Can anyone suggest a solution for this? I know Nook Classic does not support Turkish fonts as it was issued years ago, but now there might be a new firmware or a way around this problem, which I might not be aware of.

Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Happy new year to everyone!
kado is offline   Reply With Quote