View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #39
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
As far as regular ebook sales, how do Amazon, Barnes & Noble, ... provide proof to authors that sales are what they say they are?
Authors put an audit clause in their contract with the publisher, allowing them some access to the publisher's records, and publishers probably put an audit clause in their contract with wholesalers and Amazon. But googling:

book sales audit

I'm getting the idea that such audits are not routinely conducted.

Really massive fraud might be detected in the financial auditing required of publicly held companies.

I'm going to guess that such crimes as you suggest are almost always deterred by fear of prison. At least, that is my hope.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote