View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #90
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoluminations View Post
Nook color specs are stated as 1024 X 600 pixels at 169dpi. This is ~6.1x3.6 inches.

BN publishes the "PUBIT! ePUB FORMATTING GUIDE." That document, at section VI Image Optimization states "The maximum viewing size of the nook screen is 600x730 pixels." That would be a viewing area of 730x600 pixels.

I am a publisher developing books that will be distributed for the nook color. I don't have and would not like to own a nook color. Can someone who has a nook color perhaps take a rule to their device (unrooted, displaying an epub book) and tell me if the formatting guide is telling the truth? I have been unable to get clarification from BN. Thank you!
I suspect your misunderstanding stems from the assumption that "nook screen" refers to the NC. Most likely the guidelines are aimed at the least common denominator in their product line, meaning the Nook Classic and/or the new eInk Nook.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote