View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 03:18 AM   #4
Frida Fantastic
SF/F book blogger
Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I think publishers will continue to be around, and will play a role in making successful self-published authors even bigger. They'd play more of a marketing and print distribution role, and perhaps also doing additional editing to an already mostly-polished book.

I think the nature of the online slushpile is not that big of a deal, as readers can instantly spot what is good or terrible writing from the first few pages. Readers also only recommend books when they're well-written and excel in all components, not just on price. I think good books will rise to the top, the problem is that it can take a while, and having a big publisher can speed up the process and create more visibility.
Frida Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote