Thread: PRS-650 reinstalling firmware
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #13
merrygoblin
merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-650, HTC Desire
I had a problems with a 32GB SD card I tried to use with my PRS-650, I couldn't get more than about 4GB of data to write to it (tried re-formatting the card several times, etc.). This was with 2 different SD card adapters (which I think were limited to 4GB cards themselves) _and_ when trying to write to the SD card through the reader.

After at least two lockups of the reader with the new SD card in (each requiring a reset), and after the card eventually became unusable (wouldn't register with the computer or reader at all, so couldn't be reformatted again), I gave up on that SD card.

I went back to using my old 4GB SD card (which still works fine with the reader, never had any problems with that one) and ended up putting the other data onto a more reliable 32GB USB drive instead.

I put it down to the new SD card being faulty, but perhaps the reader wouldn't work with more than 4GB also, I can't say for sure. I just know my old 4GB card still works fine, and the reader has never had any problem with that one.
merrygoblin is offline   Reply With Quote