View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 04:48 AM   #6
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Have you tried the text with a fixed set of permitted values custom column? Might work.
I admit to being a bit curious as to wh you want to keep 'read' books on your reader.

Helen
I remember quite a while ago a user posting on the plugin ideas thread a request for something similar to this. My response was the same as yours Helen, I don't understand why someone would want to intentionally store read books on their reader. Or more specifically, why they want to put them back on there with that classification.

The only reason I have for putting a book on my reader is if I intend to read it. My backlog is so huge that rereading books is not going to happen anytime soon. However if I was intending to reread a book, then I wouldn't want it classified any differently to the others on there.

But that is just me, and we all work differently so of course there is nothing "wrong" with storing read books on there. Maybe they have a small collection and want their entire library on the device. Or perhaps as a way to break out of a reading funk they want to dive into a previously read book. Or maybe they want to be able to talk to someone about a book they think they read and being able to confirm it by it being in that collection on their device. I am guessing at reasons
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote