View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 06:08 AM   #1
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 (STILL working)
What does this error message mean?

I am rearranging almost all of my ebooks and as I transfer some to the reader or update the collections/tags, I frequently get this message:

Quote:
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

(13, 'Permission denied')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 68, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 333, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 186, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\cli.py", line 60, in put_file
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
Then I unplug my Reader, wait for it to index, plug it back in, let Windows scan it, and continue. A few books will transfer okay, but then it will hang with this message again. Am I doing something wrong that causes me to keep getting this error? Thanks for any help.

The error message when sending metadata is different. Here is one of them:

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 68, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 303, in _sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 141, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 129, in initialize_XML_cache
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\sony_cache.py", line 90, in __init__
File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 2532, in lxml.etree.fromstring (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:48270)
File "parser.pxi", line 1545, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:71812)
File "parser.pxi", line 1417, in lxml.etree._parseDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:70608)
File "parser.pxi", line 898, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseUnicodeDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:67148)
File "parser.pxi", line 539, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:63824)
File "parser.pxi", line 625, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:64745)
File "parser.pxi", line 576, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:64260)
XMLSyntaxError: None
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote