View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 03:34 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
>> ... You're spending $30 to MAYBE get $60. ...

No - it is a certainty. Unless Kobo has designed a super-Li-Ion pack that defies all knows laws of physics and electrical theory, I expect my pack to last about 500 discharge-charge cycles. And I expect that to occur within a three year period. And SquareTrade has told me that the unit will either be repaired or replaced in case of NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR BATTERY FAILURE - NO DEDUCTIBLE.
But that assumes you'll be using it for three years. I've never used any reading device for three years. There's always something better coming along which tempts me to upgrade.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote