Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #105
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Katsunami:

Well, we all have ePUBpack, but that doesn't do the Sigil-style heavy lifting for you--the NCX and the OPF, which is the rather cool part. And with Sigil's newer features (the reports, the index linking, the clips), it's hard to say that simply packing an ePUB is the solution. It's of course invaluable; I use ePUBpack and ePUBTweak both, as needed. But neither does all the tedious internal stuff that is so incredibly time-saving with Sigil. To me, if you had to lose EVERYTHING in Sigil except 1-2 core components, keeping the NCX and OPF creation alone is what I consider core functionality.

The rest is great, but I think that most of the people who use Sigil do what we do-edit in another HTML editor, like NoteTabPro (although I personally have some weirdo problem with NTP 7.0), and then use Sigil for polishing the ePUB, make the NCX, make the OPF, add the meta, and bob's-yer-uncle, as they say here.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote