Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #93
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I don't think I would be a particular loss to this project anyway. I doubt my skills would be strong enough to really make a difference even if the project were in Python. It's a pity though because I quite like Sigil. These days I mainly use it to split up omnibus-type ebooks into individual volumes and clean up the HTML as I go. It's perfect for that.
Look into EPUBSplit for that. It's much faster and easier.

Split up the book, and export the seperate volumes. Then use Sigil to put the cover in, fix the layout to how you want it, and you're done.

Don't forget to put a <guide></guide> part at the end of the OPF file, something EPUBSplit seems to omit:

Code:
<guide>
  <reference href="Text/cover.xml" title="Cover" type="cover" />
</guide>
Replace "cover.xml" with whatever the name of the file is where your cover is in. If you omit this part (with at least the cover in it), you get a book that behaves weird, at least on a Kindle Paperwhite.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-23-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote