View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 10:17 AM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Upcoming iOS 10.3 Discussion Thread

I thought it might be good to have a discussion thread for the upcoming release of iOS 10.3. For those who don't know already, this is a major update and will include the new file system for iOS devices. According to an article on Mac Rumors:

Quote:
Apple's latest update also introduces a new Apple File System (APFS), installed when an iOS device is updated to iOS 10.3. APFS is optimized for flash/SSD storage and includes features like strong encryption.
Apple just seeded the 7th beta to developers for testing. Yep, I said 7th beta! That seems rather high as far as betas go for iOS, I think. This could mean that Apple is merely being extremely cautious, or perhaps they are having a lot of issues. I have no clue, but it would be a good idea to approach this new file system with a great deal of caution. I've seen operating systems in the past that switched file systems and those rarely went without some hitches. Personally this is one iOS update I will hold off on for at least a month after it is finally released. I suspect there will be a lot of issues, especially with older apps that haven't been updated in a long time.

I have no clue how long before Apple releases iOS 10.3. But if you are jittery like me, then you probably want to hold off a while after final release before installing it. It might be a bumpy road...

Last edited by jswinden; 03-17-2017 at 10:55 AM.