View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Hacked AdobeViewer.app with userstyle1.css

Ok, so I got tired of waiting for this to be provided officially or by another hacker so I did a bit of research. I managed to hack the AdobeViewer.app from my pb360 (version 14.2) with a hex editor. It allows a user accessible userstyle1.css file to have your own fonts, margins, etc with the AdobeViewer.app (ie for DRM'd epubs to include library epubs without having to remove the DRM).

Many thanks go to those who ported poterm for the pocketbook so I could actually get the orginal file, and to others who have hacked the sony readers that gave me the idea.

You can get my hacked version here: http://drop.io/pb360ade

Unzip the file and put the AdobeViewer.app file into "system/bin" directory on your pb360. The userstyle1.css file goes into the top directory of your pb360. Not where I would have wanted it but exact number of characters dictated it. Be sure to modify userstyle1.css to pick up your own fonts in the system/fonts directory (and change margins, alignment, etc to your preference). You may need to do some research for everything you can actually control with the stylesheet.

Hopefully this benefits others.... but it comes with no guarantees. Use at your own risk, etc, etc (but I only changed the location of the stylesheet). Let me know if any problems downloading it. Don't forget to select AdobeViewer instead of fbreader if you changed the default.

Last edited by tselling; 05-19-2010 at 07:17 PM.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote