View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by corona View Post
I think you have way more experience with this than I do, but my experience so far doesn't support this. In every case where I've gone in and carefully edited the stylesheet, the ePub still looked nasty, so I've gone back and nuked the stylesheet and then it's been okay.

And the reading experience anyhow is often less than perfect. I've got one pdf book, for example, that just comes out unreadable no matter what after conversion and fiddling around.
What I do is take the purchased ePub, strip the DRM and go in and fix the CSS so the ePub looks good. And sometimes I do remove CSS instructions for font sizing. This is not for an issue with changing the font size. It's because most of the time, the publisher uses too small a size. If I was to just delete the CSS, I'd have an eBook I would not want to read.

PDF is not a good format to convert from to anything else. You WILL have errors. And the only way to get rid of the errors is to do an A/B compare. Not worth the time/effort (IMHO).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote