View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #111
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
When I try to install thru through the App Store:

1) It Asked for my Apple password
2) I type it in and hit Ok
3) An Icon appears on the home screen, and it looks like it is trying to install
4) A message box pops up and says "This application requires iOS 7.0 or Later. You must update to IOS 7.0 in order to download and use this application.", and there is an OK button (no other options).
5) I tap on the OK button. The Icon is gone.

So what am I missing?
I have just tried installing the app on an iPhone 3GS running 5.1.1 here is what I saw:

1. Find Kobo Books app in App Store and tap install
2. Enter Apple ID password
3. Kobo icon appears on home screen of phone and attempts to install
4. A dialog appears stating "Download an older version of this app? The current version requires iOS 7.0 or later, but you can download the last compatible version." Buttons are Cancel and Download (highlighted button is Download)
5. Tapping Download returns me to the home screen and the app downloads.

I'm wondering if the iPad is doing something different. I'm just charging one of my 1st gen iPads to see what happens, the behaviour between iPhone and iPad should be the same however.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote