View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 11:07 PM   #7
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by AskzYDre View Post

Here is what Tier 2 has said:
"...We have found that using wall chargers (and not connecting to a PC) to charge the device can cause the battery % remaining to become less accurate, although the overall usage time should stay the same..."
This is absolutely not true in my case. I have 2 Aura HDs. The batteries in both stay charged for several weeks under every firmware EXCEPT 3.0.1. I noticed the problem because 3 days after I fully charged both Aura HDs to 100%, the one I was reading wouldn't wake unless I plugged it in (battery charge reported at <10%). So I plugged it in and went to get my other Aura HD so I could read. Tried to wake the other Aura HD (which was less than a month old at the time), and ... no go. It also reported a battery charge of <10%, and I hadn't used it at all since charging it to 100%, 3 days before. I have never experienced anything like this with any firmware other than 3.0.1. I am using 3.1.1 now and have been reading for 3 weeks on one charge, with 78% charge remaining.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote