View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 02:44 AM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
You mean besides purchasing my ebook reader and joining MobileRead?

Hmm... my most recent decision was to give up drinking pop/soda back in January.
I saw your 'Switch' drink in the natural foods section at work, almost picked up a bottle to give it a try but got distracted and forgot it. Will do it next week sometime, though. Although caffeine is my only vice, so I don't see myself giving it up anytime soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Best decisions:
- Going back to school last year after 3 years working in places where they value your ability to be a machine more than your intellectual capacity.
- Quit the job that makes my life a misery! (saturday's the last day there!!!)

I'd like to add quiting smoking, but it's been only 2 days, and the third attempt this year, so it's really too soon to include here!
I hope and pray that when I look back on this year that I consider my own going back to school one of the best decisions I made. Right now I am having serious doubts about it. I worry that I'm wasting my time and my student loan money (that has to be paid back) on a degree that won't end up getting me a better job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
Retiring.

Three and a half years later, I still wake up every morning with a smile on my face.
This made me smile! I hope when I get there I'm able to retire with enough financial stability to wake up smiling every morning. Actually, I'd like to be able to do that NOW....

For myself, the best life-altering decision I ever made was moving to Illinois to be with Chris. It involved lots of sacrifices, and stepping WAY out of my comfort zone but it has turned out to be the best thing I could have done.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote