View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Ea, i'm really sorry you're so upset by this decision. there are still plenty of options for you if you are interested in having more serious discussions ; there is the "seriousness" prefixe in the lounge which will show that you prefer to avoid digressions in the discussion, and there is the option of creating a social group specifically for similar discussions. it is open to you to start discussions about subjects which interest you, and we encourage you to do so. the threads from the conservatory have been moved into the lounge, with the serious prefixe ; you are welcome to continue the discussion there. if you would like to see only these discussions, you can choose to filter the threads by prefixe.

it's important to keep in mind here that mobileread is a large (and still growing) and very diverse community. sometimes a decision must be made to decide what is best for the community as a whole. since we all have our individual opinions, it's difficult sometimes to find a solution which will satisfy each individual desire ; but i think Alex has tried very hard to find the best possible compromise which will make everyone feel comfortable and welcome here.

i also received many messages from people who were uncomfortable with the ambiance in the conservatory, and were worried that it was harming the community. i also had many messages from people who felt so unhappy that they wanted to leave the community altogether. that is a sign we cannot ignore that the conservatory was not the best solution for the forum overall. it is really commendable that you are able to keep a good perspective when you see a heated discussion, but it's not an easy thing and many people are not able to.

Alex has a very difficult job trying to oversee everything and sometimes he must make a decision on his own without asking for the input of every member. i think he does an amazing job running this forum and i am really grateful for all the time and effort he puts into it. i hope we can all support him and understand that he is making decisions for the good of the community as a whole, and he takes it very seriously.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote