Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 07:14 AM   #431
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
@Nick_1964: I suggest you to insist. This is my own experience (recapped):

me: [bug description]
customer service: Non-Kobo eBooks are not supported
me: if you say this device can read X and Y you can't support only Y
cs: this is an issue with the book itself and being this a non-Kobo ebook we cannot support it
me: no, this is a problem related to the firmware software that reads that file format
cs: no, that's not a bug
me: You have not asked me a testcase, so can I ask you if you tested it? This bug is confirmed by other 5 people.
cs: no, that's not a bug
me: have you tested it?
cs: ok, send me the book, I'll test it

Now it's Tier 3.
Did it, sended the book twice at own request, they ask me for a screenshot of the disformed lay-out.
Don't you have your own reader ???
Sended the screenshots and 4 books that have the error.
Did you have the book from Kobo ( they can see it at your account so stupid question... ) no at Google books.
Sorry no support.
Did found out that some books have also the <span>a</span> code in it, not the <font>a</font> but when the <span>a</span> reach the end of the page it does exactly the same, the word is not correctly placed to the next line but breaks at that point.
It is possible that a book doesn't transfer well, but it doesn't fill it with the <span>a</span> and <font>a</font> tags by itself during transfer and don't breaks by accident wrong at the end of the line with that tags.. but no, sorry.. forget it..

Last edited by Nick_1964; 03-28-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote