Thread: eMonitor
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #65
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcolor View Post
This is really good for me (win7 & K4NT user). It works straight away...

One thing is that my kindle only refreshes every 10+ seconds. It is too slow for what I do. How is the speed in your guys' kindles? Is it faster than 0.1fps?
You can do 7.7 FPS on a K3 or newer using nc and gmplay on the kindle, displaying a live video stream from a host PC. On the host PC, you need to render to a raw frambuffer and pipe that to raw2gmv and nc to the kindle... It can go up to about 40 FPS on a K4 or newer, but 7.7 FPS is adequate for reasonably fluid animation. See the "geekmaster kindle video player" thread for details:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177455

EDIT: A benefit to using gmplay is that it is a native mode app that works on all the kindles DX through PW, and when booted from both main and diags (important on the K4). Beware that on the DX and DXG, the framerate is limited to only 1.5 FPS.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote