View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 01:09 AM   #27
cyann92
cyann92 began at the beginning.

Device: Sharper Image Literati
Literati E-Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz2003 View Post
Did you try to go to Settings, and restore to factory default? I think that will probably delete all the files on it. Good luck!
Hello and thank you for your suggestion! Yes, I did several times, attempt to do a factory reset. The thing about this is, I do love this e-reader, as I had a wonderful experience with the exception of these small issues. I had no issues connecting to my WiFi network, or the desktop application. It stopped syncing, adding, updating, or deleting items after 2 days of use. I finally had to contact the manufacturer directly last week for further assistance. Tech/Customer support personnel walked me through several troubleshooting options, including a factory reset, before finding that my particular e-reader is defective. They will be sending me a pre-paid label to return it, as well as sending a replacement reader, at no cost to me. I am also thankful for the person I received this from for Christmas! Upon purchasing, they opted to add in a complete coverage 2 year warranty that was offered by the merchant at the time of sale, for only a few extra dollars, starting from the date of purchase. I've had experience with both the kindle and Literati, and I think there are some definite positives about both, that should make people who own them very happy. Though my Literati experience hasn't been a completely positive one, I wouldn't hesitate owning another. I would also like to mention something shared with me when I spoke to the manufacturer's customer support Tech. Per the Tech, I was told that even though it states in the user's manual that you can use adobe (or digital additions) to assist in your e-book managing needs or for dropping items to your Literati, it's suggested (though epub format is supported) to convert any items to .pdf format (which will then store all added items in the "documents" tabbed section of your Literati), as that's less problematic for the reader to "read it", and to use Calibre instead of Adobe, as it compliments and supports the literati in a more seamless fashion.

Last edited by cyann92; 01-07-2011 at 01:27 AM.
cyann92 is offline   Reply With Quote