View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #50
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Okay, on the Kindle1, if there is a word you don't understand in the book you are reading you
1) put the cursor on the line where the word is and click
2) select 'look up" and click
3) several words will show up, you choose the word you want.

When you are done, you simply click on the "close" link and go back to your reading.

I understand you are now able to choose the dictionary version you want to substitute for the default one.
Yep, the one thing I'd add is that it's a bit slow to come up. Probably 3-5 seconds. So I don't use it often unless I'm totally unfamiliar with the word.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote