View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 12:37 AM   #37
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Actually it looks like there are two new HD 8s (my apologies if someone already mentioned this). The HD 8 and HD 8 Plus. It looks like the only differences are that the HD 8 Plus has 3 GBs of RAM (rather than 2) and it can use wireless charging.

The 189 ppi screen wouldn't be a deal killer for me (if I was in the market) but what is "HD" supposed to mean when attached to this device? Definitely not an HD screen. (I guess I'm confusing "HD" with "HDX" but the non-HD Amazon 7 is 171 ppi compared to 189 "HD" 8?)

And have Amazon Fire warranties always been only 90 days? That seems odd for a new device.
in marketing speak
HD= 720p, Full Hd (FHD) = 1080p
so a 720 x 1280 screen is "HD"
the fire 7 is <720 so not HD

90 days warranty is what they use for refurbs, warehouse deals...
the new HD8 has 1 year warrantty in Uk ( where a 90 restriction is probably illegal)

Fire HD 8 tablet is sold with a limited warranty of one year provided by the manufacturer. If you are a consumer, the limited warranty is in addition to your consumer rights and does not jeopardise these rights in any way. This means you may still have additional rights at law even after the limited warranty has expired (click here for further information on your consumer rights)....

Last edited by stumped; 05-16-2020 at 12:39 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote