View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
Hi all; new to this forum.

I bought a Sony PRS-600 and think I'll like it alot.

One problem, however. While I was waiting for my new Sony to arrive I got all enthusiastic (and didn't find this site first) and bought 5 books on Barnes and Noble.

Now I'm having a horrible time downloading them to my Sony (actually can't). I've read here something about removing DRM etc. but can't figure it out.

Makes me mad as I bought these books legally. Any way I can find a way to make them work on my Sony rather than wait to see if B&N actually does something in the future (which may never happen)?
Well, yeah, that's the big issue with DRM and formats and in particular with B&N as they have both eReader format and (Social/B&N only)DRM-Epub format and they don't indicate what you are actually purchasing.

Both of those have been cracked, but it is not appropriate (per this forum rules) to provide specific information about them, but do some searches on this forum and on google and you'll find what you need if you want to go that direction. I personally believe that if you purchase an ebook you should have the ability and right to read it on any of your ebook readers.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote