View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #90
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobahdiAtoll View Post
Love the idea of this plugin, but i think it should go above and beyond what ComicRack info is stored in the file (the creator of ComicRack is something of a d**k when it comes to allowing people to store ALL metadata information in a comic book file, he only allows the ones he thinks makes sense and to me more data makes more sense than less, information can always be deleted but never recovered once lost). I personally like every possible piece of info available stored in my comic files. So I hope you don't mind that I'm going to modify this plugin to work how i want and maybe release a copy of my modifications later down the line. I appreciate you making this and giving me an idea of how to get it done so i can get to where i want to be (with custom fields and everything imported)

I mean seriously stuff like ISBNs and comprehensive Release Dates (not just month and year but actual Release Dates Month, Day & Year) should be stored in the damn files (that's a damn no brainer!!) And anything else I want to store as well!!!

I used to use ComicRack but having moved to linux Calibre makes more sense than trying to run ComicRack on Wine/Mono. But I still want all that data I stored in ComicRack and I want it to be pulled to Calibre (comprehensively, not limited by base metadata by Calibre).
The plugin is open source, you can change it as you like.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote