View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 11:37 AM   #89
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by panazol View Post
Hello,

i'm a new user of Calibre.
I was previously using ComicRack app as my main comics database management, but this app seems not updated anymore...
I find Calibre to be quite usefull to manage Comics and this is a lot due to your plugin that allows migration of ComicRack metadata into Calibre.
Thanks a lot for that.

As new user i've got 3 remarks that could be, in my opinion, usefull in the plugin :

1 - when reading author's names from the several available fields (writer, designer, inker, color, lettering, ...) could be efficient to collect all these names in Calibre main "Authors" field --> this would allow to get a single category to search from in categories menu.

2 - could also be interesting to collect in a "writer" user defined field the "writer" field (instead of collecting it in "Authors") ==> this could allow to display "writer" instead of "author" field name in book detail area

3 - finally, would be usefull to extract (not sure that it is easy ...) a page size (in pixels) from cbz or cbr file (lets say value extracted from page #5. Not 1st one as it is cover and could be at different definition) ==> this could allow to display in book detail area quality of pages (for instance "2560x3570 pix")

Thanks again for your great work.
1 and 2:
I won't change the current behavior, but you can achieve what you want with a custom column build from other columns. Just fill your custom column with the data from all the different creators fields.

3: I would have to look into it, maybe in a future version.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote