View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #87
panazol
panazol began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

i'm a new user of Calibre.
I was previously using ComicRack app as my main comics database management, but this app seems not updated anymore...
I find Calibre to be quite usefull to manage Comics and this is a lot due to your plugin that allows migration of ComicRack metadata into Calibre.
Thanks a lot for that.

As new user i've got 3 remarks that could be, in my opinion, usefull in the plugin :

1 - when reading author's names from the several available fields (writer, designer, inker, color, lettering, ...) could be efficient to collect all these names in Calibre main "Authors" field --> this would allow to get a single category to search from in categories menu.

2 - could also be interesting to collect in a "writer" user defined field the "writer" field (instead of collecting it in "Authors") ==> this could allow to display "writer" instead of "author" field name in book detail area

3 - finally, would be usefull to extract (not sure that it is easy ...) a page size (in pixels) from cbz or cbr file (lets say value extracted from page #5. Not 1st one as it is cover and could be at different definition) ==> this could allow to display in book detail area quality of pages (for instance "2560x3570 pix")

Thanks again for your great work.
panazol is offline   Reply With Quote