View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #1326
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
Will there be any improvements in the browser?
+1

I am sure Booxtor has his hands full, but there are a few issues:

1. Back Button: I cannot replicate on demand, but oft times the back button 'reloads' the same page.
I get a suspicion (!) that it happens on pages that reload/refresh part of pages (e.g. comments, news, etc.), thus the back button only takes me back to the same page 'prior reload'.
If this is correct, the back functionality needs to be mended to an on-URI basis, i.e. not just prior reload but prior URI.
(One site where is seems to happen a lot is when choosing individual articles is http://www.truth-out.org/.)

2. Input: Still many issues with input fields (especially TEXTAREA). I would say, for what I use, only about one in three works.
Again, my suspicion (!) is that it happens mostly if javascript is involved (which, of course, it often is these days).

3. Wishlist: Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean... Tabs would be very nice!

4 WIshlist: Copying text - maybe long-click (like one Android) can be used?
This includes the URI itself (it is sometimes nice to be able to copy a URI to a mail or forum).

Re. wishlist: can someone tell me f it is up to me or the devs to amend it to show those coloured squares in front of a topic when solved? A few of mine have been done (much joy on that score, he!) so not sure how to mark them as such.
I assume that the wishlist is still in use...

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote