View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 11:46 PM   #7
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
Well, after reading Lord_Pall's post about his wife's screen breaking from just a little too much pressure, I got paranoid. I am not using the DVD case anymore as it doesn't provide the necessary protection in that area after all. I am currently back to using the red Lovecraft case but I am looking for a thinner case/cover that has a slot on the front and back sides. The back to slip the front cover of the reader into and the front to slide a sheet of metal into to reinforce it to prove rigid screen protection. I am not sure what I will use for the metal. I currently have the metal piece from the front on my copy of Texas Chainsaw Massacre in the red case but it still isn't rigid enough. I am considering cutting a piece out of an old computer case that is in the garage (but it is still a good computer so I don't really want to) or maybe buying a cheap baking sheet and cutting apiece out of the bottom of it. I don't know. I guess I will see as I go. I may also try reinforcing the cover of the DVD case as well but I am not sure how well it will work.

ETA:
I decided to go with a $6.50 Plan Ahead Padfolio Planner from Wal-Mart and reinforced the front cover with a 5"x7" piece of sheet metal. I used a metal plate from Home Depot that is used to connect two pieces of lumber, covered it in packing tape to smooth out any edges from cutting it down (it was originally 6x7), slit the stitching on the bottom edge of the cover, put the newly made insert inside and stitched the bottom back up using the original holes. You would have to look hard to tell it was modified. Now the only thing that is missing is an awesome book light for it.

Last edited by revfish; 05-04-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Final results of my cover project.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote