View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 12:18 AM   #509
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSmint View Post
Well a huge and mighty thank you for coming back to me on that issue. To be honest I haven't been expecting a reply anymore :-). So it's even more fantastic that you manages to come up with a working beta this quickly.
No worries, it's mostly due to JHowell's work on the KFX Input plugin. If it weren't for his method of extracting positions from the book content, we'd still be stuck.

Quote:
There is however a little Issue with manually edited aliases. Since Goodreads usually provides - if anything - the character names without any aliases or description I tried to pull an XML off an existing Original Amazon X-Ray. But the "X-Ray Terms Creator" seems to be omitting all the aliases. They won't get saved into the XML nor into the .aliases File. They are however shown in the list before saving. Most of the times however, when trying to save the file, the program throws an exception altogether
I've uploaded a new version (2.1.108) that should fix a bunch of the issues, the "create terms" UI is still kind of bad though, sorry about that.

Quote:
I frequently encounter errors like this while compiling the X-Ray:

Code:
An error occurred while searching for start of highlight.
Was looking for (or one of the aliases of): <name>
[rather long text excerpt]
This one happens when it thinks a paragraph contains the term (or its aliases) but it's not able to find where it is within the text. If you send me a copy of the book & the error log, I can have a look (in a PM via any upload site, Google Drive, or I can PM you my email if necessary, whatever works for you).
If it was in the German content you mentioned, it might be a UTF8/encoding issue, which has always been a pain for this stuff, but definitely fixable.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 04-21-2020 at 12:44 AM.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote