Old 03-26-2010, 12:40 AM   #12
bryanzs
Zealot
bryanzs doesn't litterbryanzs doesn't litter

Device: Nook HD+, Nook ST Glow, PocketBook 360, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervsduh View Post
I have an A81.

If you completely power off A81, it will take the device to turn back on between 20-30 seconds (not a full minute).

If you suspend the device, there's no delay for it to power back on. It's awesomely instantaneous (absolutely no delay).

How's this for a reference, I charged the device full at night. At around 9p I decided to put it in SUSPEND mode because it turns on instantaneous. I didn't charge it the next night (I didn't open it either, as I was too busy). But the day after the battery was completely flat by morning. So I would say around 24-36 hours in SUSPEND mode?

A81 is perfect for comics and ebook reading.

Cheers.
Hi, Mervsduh. Yes, I'd read that; it sounds great. That's why I ended up with the A81

And now that the Android port is available, what I was hoping (dreaming?) is that android might provide more of a "cellphone like" experience - with even faster boot, and/or a more complete "suspend" that left the batteries even more full over time. I don't know if _any_ android implementation can do that, though (let alone this early release one)...but I guess I'll find out! My A81 is supposed to ship this weekend from China with Android on it already!

Last edited by bryanzs; 03-26-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: more clarity needed on android
bryanzs is offline   Reply With Quote