View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
martini
martini began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanzs View Post
Thanks!

DrDK - the A81 sounds promising, but I'm a little sad that the suspend still chews up so much power. It's good to hear that it boots pretty quick (this is using Windows CE, right? Not the (as yet unreleased) Android, I'd assume...)

Tank4141 - Yes, I know the JE100/JE200 have removable/replaceable batteries, so that's a +1 for them

So far, though, it sounds like with either device, I'll need to boot it fresh in the morning and possibly suspend throughout the day, and then recharge overnight That may just have to be what I have to live with, but I keep hoping for a device with a real "suspend"...

Anyone know how the SmartQ devices perform...?
Yes, I have owned a Smart Q7 until last autumn. I give the vehicle quite good points. I use only Wince. Ubuntu is so slow. I can manage at least the same as in Ubuntu linux with the Wince. It is not so easy with the Wince at the beginning, but now I have an excellant MID. Many browsers, many ereaders and other programs even PalmOs emulatos Stytab is fully working.
The battery with wifi and screen 100% light works some 4-5 hours.But without wifi and some 60-80% screen light the battery will at least douple.
What a pity that they sell the SmartQ7 so crude without the necessary programs. In my composition it is 41/2 /5 but in factory composition only 3/5 points. I think that I have quite fantastic MID/etablet/eReader with all those 20-25 programs that I found.
martini is offline   Reply With Quote