View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 01:40 PM   #235
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
I have the chance to buy a used Oasis 3 right now for around the same price as the new Paperwhite and find it's an interesting decision to try to weigh.

I haven't seen many complaints from people here, but when I go to the kindle reddit, there are a lot of people who are disappointed with the battery life they get from the Oasis 3. As someone who sold their Oasis 1 for exactly that reason, I've learned I'm more sensitive to the battery issue than most.

The screen tech seems to have hit the point of diminishing returns and having to upgrade the device in a couple years because the battery is slowly dying is not great value from such an expensive device. The Voyage with it's user replaceable battery is the perfect example of my point.

I think I'm going to go with the new Paperwhite. I have a feeling it's going to be a hit. Wish we could get confirmation on what screen it uses.

Unless Kindle has performed some miracle with new power management, just extrapolating from their claim of increased battery life, I'm assuming they're using a 2500mah battery.
My Oasis 2 has the worst battery of any e-reader I own. Another reason why I wouldn’t buy another one. I don’t like the screen of my PW4 so I would be interested in how the new PW screen is, but not enough to buy one.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote