View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 12:27 PM   #231
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
Any impartial outside observer would be wise to trust the technical specs from manufacturers over anecdotal self-reporting, especially given what we know about the bias effect of actually owning the device, as Jon often reminds us with his passion for everything H2O.
Well, I felt no particular passion for my Voyage. In fact, except for the contrast level, I didn't particularly like anything about it. I would've been exceedingly happy if the contrast on my other ereaders (especially the Oasis 3) had been at least as good as on the Voyage. Unfortunately it wasn't, and that was pretty obvious when comparing them side by side. Still, I sold my Voyage eventually.

So no, it's not the bias effect a la "the Voyage simply must be THE BEST!" At least it wasn't in my case.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote