View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #230
mezzanine
Groupie
mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Clara, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
You would lose money. I'm not assessing things from remembering the device. I still own it ( and it's probably the same for most people praising it)
The Libra 2's screen is getting really close to it, but still a slightly tiny bit under in term of contrast / deep blacks.

It all comes to the details and the differences, no matter how small they are, especially here.

And don't get me wrong, I look forward for the day a new reader from Amazon or Kobo gets better. That would mean having the best screen in an up to date reader.
I wish there was a way to actually measure the contrast levels. I'm curious what magic sauce the Voyage screen uses to improve the contrast over the new 1200 panel with 15% better contrast.

Any impartial outside observer would be wise to trust the technical specs from manufacturers over anecdotal self-reporting, especially given what we know about the bias effect of actually owning the device, as Jon often reminds us with his passion for everything H2O.

I'm not even saying you're wrong that the difference between the Voyage and the more highly spec'd new screens is a dramatic as you represent it to be...just that it comes across as having some "woo-woo" to it when it's brought up as often as it is.
mezzanine is offline   Reply With Quote