View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 12:13 PM   #226
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
It's wild how often some of y'all reference and discuss the contrast of the Voyage. It's gotta be a kind of mobileread folklore talking point. The mobileread Voyage cult. I would bet money the difference isn't as big as it's portrayed to be.

I'm super excited for reviews of the new Paperwhite this coming week. My upgrade plan is riding on it being as good as I hope. Much as I want an 8 inch device, I can't rationalize paying double for it and I'm skeptical we'll see the Forma heavily discounted.

I keep hoping I might find a Glowlight Plus in the future, though.

Well, I suppose we'all is remembering the same screen from actually having owned the device - or still own one. That's a big 10-4, good buddy.

Seriously, Mobileread has absolutely nothing to do with perpetuating a "Mobileread folklore talking point" about the quality of Voyage's screen. I would say many previous and present owners (that would be me), find it to have been - thus far - the best screen ever.

I look forward to the day when another device, from any company, can manufacture a better screen. I'll buy that device.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote