View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #12
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Wow, here we go. For those of us who simply want an ereader for reading (and possibly for audio books) without all the bells and whistles is this step backward to 200 ppi a visual issue of significance? I am currently using a Likebook Mars (300 ppi) 7.8 inch screen and would love to move up to this unit which is much closer to my Nook HD+ 8.9 inch screen which was and still is my personal sweet spot as an avid reader. Two to three times a year, I still drag out the HD+ for a few weeks until my muscle memory reminds me how heavy that beast still is! If it wasn't for the weight issue, I would still use it until it dies as it had/has such an excellent screen. I even replaced the original battery two years ago! Getting back to my original point: What impact on visual appearance (printed words) and potential eyestrain would the reduction from 300ppi to 200ppi have on extended reading times.? Does the increased screen size help offset the loss of ppi and (perhaps) less contrast? Also, for my highly targeted usage as an ereader only, I am very resistant when it comes to exceeding the mid to high $200.00 range for a unit and this is already well over the $300.00 mark. Would love to see a version without this one's extras but with a 300ppi or higher simple touchscreen and wifi for the same or sub $300. price point.
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote