View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #27
Gagarin Gambit
Gagarin Gambit began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ababakar View Post
So my questions about the Onyx i62:
1. Is the HD the same as the Firefly?? Or is this the "old" i62? Where did you buy it? And how much did it cost you?
2. as i would be reading biological/chemical/pharmaceutical articles/abstracts - would be nice if you could take a look at some example articles and tell/show how the Onyx handles them:
Article 1
and
Article 2
Here's a somewhat late answer...
1. As far as I know, Firefly is identical to the HD, with the addition of a build-in light and a 16 GB microsd card. I got my i62HD from http://ereader-store.de/en/ for 160 euros + 10 euros shipping, and I was quite pleased with the delivery (it shipped the very same day I placed my order, and it arrived after a week). Moreover, they offer a 2 year guarantee instead of 1 year you usually get, and the shop owner is active in this forum and provides frequent firmware updates (eg see here and here).
2. I'm quite busy at the moment to test the articles, but from a look I believe that you need 9 inches. I don't think that a 6 inch screen can handle the figures included in these files, even one of HD quality.
Gagarin Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote