Thread: i62 anyone?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 05:21 AM   #52
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
I was hoping for a high resolution screen, so would be looking at a Wexler Flex One or a PAGEone HD as alternatives (though I've yet to see either on sale as yet). (I know the iriver Story HD is also out there -- but I don't really see the point of a keyboard on an eReader.)

How bad are the i62HD's buttons? I found the page-turn buttons on the PB360 to be so large, stiff & ill-positioned as to be unusable, so have used the D-Pad (itself rather stiff) for page turning --with the result that my thumbnail has now worn a deep notch in that side of the D-Pad and that side of it now 'squelches' rather than clicks when pushed. I don't mind a 'firm' push, but would prefer something that didn't require either two hands or finger-gymnastics to press.

I had assumed that, even with a touchscreen, I'd use a physical button for page-turning (99% of the interaction with an e-Reader). Should I be thinking about simply using the touchscreen for everything?

I agree with you about FBreader -- it was my favorite e-Reading software even on the desktop and a big selling feature for buying the PB360. It meant that I was able to very quickly get settings that I was completely comfortable with (and so haven't needed to change since).
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote