View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #85
craig8128
craig8128 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.craig8128 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.craig8128 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.craig8128 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
If you have never owned an Android device before the Fire, then you might not be aware that apps often don't really close when you exit them. If you are not careful you can wind up with a lot of running apps that can become a drain on your battery and slow down the Fire's performance. There are apps available that can help manage this issue.
Jack, can you (or anyone) elaborate on what apps can help manage this, and / or common apps that are notorious for doing this?

Also, is there an easier way to bring up the running apps list then <gear> -> More... -> Applications?

My wife is getting remarkably bad battery performance on her Kindle Fire; I think that at least sometimes it's because some app is using wifi. I wish there was some kind of "I'm just reading a book" mode that would quiesce everything on the device not involved with reading a book.

Craig
craig8128 is offline   Reply With Quote