View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #59
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
What users don't have in the library view currently is a way of visually identifying duplicate groups. As Charles kindly suggested to me via email one possibility is to use a custom column, which stores a duplicate group number against all the potential candidates as a result of running the duplicate find.
This seems to be the best approach. I am almost sorry it wasn't me that came up with such a clever solution ;-)
This way you do not need to do any UI for merging. User simply runs plugin *unattended* (very important for large libraries ;-) ) and then sorts books by that column. Then the user can merge the duplicates at his/her leisure.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote